AVIATION INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Tell us about yourself.
2. What can you bring to this company?
3. Have you ever had an Emergency?
4. How did you deal with it?
5. How did you get started in Aviation?
6. Who have been your role model's, or who has had the most influence on you?
7. What goal's do you have?
8. What are some goal's that you had that were never achieved, and how did you
deal with it?
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 year's?
10. What is your greatest accomplishment?
11. How would you fly this SID?
12. We see, your flying various type's of aircraft for different companies, how
will you feel about coming to work here and just flying one type of
aircraft. Will it become monotonous, boring?
13. We have a 5:30am show every morning, how do you feel about that?
14. The Capt. continues an approach beyond minimum's, he tell's you that he's
shot this approach a 1,000 times, know's the area, and everything's fine.
What will you do?
15. You find your Capt. drinking before a flight, how will you handle this?
16. You are talking to the Capt., and you smell alcohol. Although you didn't
see him drinking, what would you do?
17. You smell smoke in the cockpit, what initial action should you take?
18. Then what do you do?
19. The Capt. tell's you the smoke is normal and it will clear itself, 15
minutes later the condition is growing worse. The Capt. gives you the same
response.. now, what would you do?
20. The aircraft is loaded way beyond gross wt., the Capt. tell's you that he
does this all the time, and the aircraft will fly. What do you do?
21. You have been cleared for take-off, upon getting airborne with the gear in
the well's, what kind of conversation are you going to have with the Capt?
22. Can you brief this approach?
23. What is V one?
24. I see your flying various twin's, do they all have a critical engine?
25. Which one's do not, and why?
26. Can you define Balanced Field Length?
27. You find yourself flying with an arrogant Capt., and you have a real
personality clash, how do you deal with this?
28. Your the PIC on one of our Lear's, your taking off on a 13,000' runway with
clear skies and unlimited visibility, upon getting airborne you have an
emergency and the co-pilot call's out that there's a problem. With 11,000
feet of runway still in front of you, and the gear still down, what would
29. You have the Pres., the V.P., and the board of Director's in the back, and
they are ADAMANT about getting to a shareholder meeting on time. You get 30
mile's from your destination, and the arrival airport is covered under a LVL
6 cell. The Cell has very little movement, what would you do?
30. We see your flying a _________. Tell us about this aircraft. ( the
question's are endless here with engine's and system's, etc.)
31. We fly Part 91, and you taxi out to the runway at an uncontrolled field.
The vis. is so low that you can only see 100ft in front of you, can you
32. What is the most difficult decision that you have had to make? Aviation
or non-aviation related? What did you learn from it?
33. If you were a professional pilot and had an early morning trip; how would
you prepare yourself for this trip?
34. Discuss a bad situation which you managed to turn around?
35. If you could no longer fly due to medical reasons; what would you do?
36. Besides good pay why do you want to be a professional pilot?
37. What makes a great pilot?
38. What makes a bad pilot?
39. Most people have a person in their lives that influenced their career. Who
was your mentor?
40. Discuss a typical briefing of an instrument approach to minimums?
41. Based on your aircraft discuss a flight in IFR as well as icing-conditions?
42. Your aviation career although progressing nicely is happening very slowly.
How do you feel about this situation?
43. What event in your life caused you to feel the way you do about aviation
44. What are some of the limitations of your aircraft and yourself?
45. How would you rate yourself in relation to communication skills,
dependability, and integrity? 1-10
46. If you attain all your goals as a professional pilot what do you intend to
give back to aviation?
Click here to send e-mail to Kelli Hughes
Click here to return to the Message Board